With record temperatures forecasted in Washington through the next several days, the increased use of air conditioners and other cooling equipment can stress regional power grids. While utility companies in our state plan to avoid power outages and quickly resolve any outages that do occur, service interruptions are possible.
Comcast’s Internet, TV and telephone services for homes and businesses require commercial power to operate. During a power outage, these Comcast services may stop functioning. Mobile phone service may also be affected. In the event of a power outage, we are unable to get access to the network and restore service until after your local utility has gone in to fix and restore their services. As a result of this, you may end up getting power restored at your home or business, and not have access to Comcast services. Please know we are working swiftly to restore it and are collaborating with our partners at the utility companies to get access to any damaged areas, and fix things as quickly as possible.
You can find other helpful information regarding service interruptions, as well as helpful tips & safety precautions to prepare for severe weather on our “Be Prepared” webpage. Here are a few things you can do to prepare for any weather-related outage:
- Confirm your contact information at xfinity.com/myaccount—We will use this information to contact you if we expect a service disruption caused by a planned power outage. You can also use My Account to check if your service has been restored.
- Comcast Business customers can check their My Account app or the Comcast Business Status Center to get information and valuable updates.
- Download your favorite shows and movies for offline viewing—With the Xfinity Stream app, you can watch shows and movies offline in case you lose power.
- Download the Xfinity Connect App to receive Xfinity Voice calls and access your Xfinity.com email via your mobile phone—Xfinity Voice customers can make and receive calls with their Xfinity phone number using their mobile phone. You can also access your Xfinity.com emails through this app.
- Visit the Comcast Washington Blog where we will post information, updates and answers to commonly asked questions.
- Follow us on Twitter —our handle is @ComcastWA, and we regularly post valuable updates in instances like these.
Even if power is off, Comcast’s team never stops working for you. From our family to yours, we hope you remain safe.