High winds and severe weather forecasted in Washington through the weekend may damage power lines. While utility companies in our state plan to avoid power outages and quickly resolve any outages that do occur, service interruptions are possible.
Comcast’s Internet, TV and telephone services for homes and businesses require commercial power to operate. During a power outage, these Comcast services may stop functioning. Mobile phone service may also be affected. In the event of a power outage, we are unable to get access to the network and restore service until after your local utility has gone in to fix and restore their services.
As a result, you may get power restored at your home or business and not have access to Comcast services. Please know we are working swiftly to restore it and are collaborating with our partners at the utility companies to get access to any damaged areas and fix things as quickly as possible.
You can find other helpful information regarding service interruptions, as well as helpful tips & safety precautions to prepare for severe weather on our “Service Tips” webpage. Here are a few things you can do to prepare for any weather-related outage:
- Confirm your contact information at xfinity.com/myaccount—We will use this information to contact you if we expect a service disruption caused by a planned power outage. You can also use My Account on your mobile phone to check if your service has been restored.
- Comcast Business customers can check their My Account app on their mobile device or the Comcast Business Status Center to get information and valuable updates.
- Download your favorite shows and movies for offline viewing—With the Xfinity Stream app, you can watch shows and movies offline in case you lose power.
- Download the Xfinity Connect App to receive Xfinity Voice calls and access your Xfinity.com email via your mobile phone—Xfinity Voice customers can make and receive calls with their Xfinity phone number using their mobile phone. You can also access your Xfinity.com emails through this app.
- Follow us on Twitter —our handle is @ComcastWA, and we post valuable updates in instances like these in Washington.
- Download Power company apps, and, or bookmark utility company websites on your mobile phone to view information about power outages and restoration: Puget Sound Energy, Snohomish PUD, Seattle City Light, Inland Power and Light, and more
Even if the power is off, Comcast’s team never stops working for you. From our family to yours, we hope you remain safe.