Severe weather and disasters such as wildfires current burning in Washington may cause power outages that affect your XFINITY or Comcast Business services in Washington state. During severe weather, the two biggest impacts are commercial power outages and damage to our network.
We work around the clock and use all of our resources to restore services as quickly and as safely as possible. This also means proper planning, and we work in advance to prepare for these major weather events. We call more work crews, move generators and take other steps to ensure our systems, networks and operations centers are resilient.
We have local teams monitoring our network around the clock in Washington state and working to address any issues. We also partner with local power crews in outages, severe weather and natural disasters. They are the first priority. This means we are unable to restore your Xfinity, or Comcast Business service until the power company has fixed downed lines or poles, or restored service to your neighborhood.
To check for local outages, customers may visit the Outage Status Center. To see the status of your home network and services, visit My Account online or use the My Account app. If you have an Xfinity Gateway, you can also use the xFi app. If you’re concerned about wires in your area, report an issue online. If services aren’t working in your home, text the word OUTAGE to 266-278 and follow the prompts to receive SMS updates on when it will be restored.
For more details on how your services could be impacted during a storm or severe weather and some helpful resources, please visit our Xfinity Storm Ready and Comcast Business Storm Ready websites. During times of wildfires, we also recommend the Washington Smoke blog for daily updates and forecasts about our air quality in Washington.
Be Safe and Stay Connected to What Matters Most
Here’s how Comcast in Washington is keeping you and our communities connected:
- The engineering team continues to build a smarter, stronger network to keep up with your evolving needs. Read the details here.
- Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Through 2020, Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country are available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit xfinity.com/wifi
- Our digital tools offer personalized, contactless assistance. Download the mobile apps that lets you manage your account online.
- We have systems in place to keep you informed when service issues arise. Be sure to update your contact information in My Account to receive important updates.
- We’re helping students and their families get the service they need. Learn about our efforts to make education accessible to all.