In response to Thursday night’s severe weather, Comcast is doing its part to help keep people connected and to assist first responders. This morning Comcast opened to the public, free of charge, its extensive XFINITY WiFi outdoor hotspot network throughout the Olympia area. This network consists of over a 1,000 of XFINITY WiFi hotspots where anyone with a WiFi enabled device will be able to get online – allowing them to stay connected with loved ones, stay abreast of weather forecasts and even stay up to date with the latest sports scores. As long as a hotspot location has power, it will be available to anyone. These free hotspots will stay open from 9am on May 6 through 9am May 12.
Normally, the XFINITY WiFi hotspots are available on an unlimited basis to Xfinity customers and for two hours every month to non-customers. In Washington, the network consists of over 20,000 outdoor hotspot locations.
For a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, located in places such as shopping districts, parks and businesses, please visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Then, follow the instructions below to get connected.
- Search for a hot spot by zip code or city.
- Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots on your device and then launch a browser.
- XFINITY Internet customers can sign in with their username and password, and will be automatically connected at XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the future.
- Non-XFINITY Internet subscribers should visit the “Not an XFINITY Internet Customer” section on the sign in page to get started. Non-customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every 2 hours.
- This video demonstrates how to sign into an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot.