Now that the 2010 FIFA World Cup is finally getting interesting with Switzerland’s defeat of Spain, I thought it would be a good time to give an overview of World Cup coverage available to Comcast customers.
So here is your list of options—complete with the din of the vuvuzelas, of course:
- Live games in HD from ESPN
- Live games available in HD and SD in Spanish via Univision
- 50 live matches available in Portuguese on ESPN Deportes
And if you missed any of the live action or forgot to set your Comcast DVR, you can catch all 64 World Cup matches On Demand the following day froom ESPN and Univision under Sports & Fitness>2010 World Cup
For those of you who prefer to watch online, just go to comcast.net/worldcup. Offerings include:
- Live games online at ESPN3 with six different languages–Portuguese, Arabic, German, Japanese and Korean;
- Live games and replays in Spanish from Univision.com;
- News, scores and recaps in Spanish from Terra.com;
- A digital calendar feature that reminds viewers of game times, channels and match-ups through SmartZone Communications Center.